Time is running out to apply for the new Scottish Child Payment & Best Start Grant-School Age payments
- Children who deferred starting Primary 1 last year - Eligible parents have a short deadline for claiming Best Start Grant – School Age Payment which is 28th February 2021 (single payment of £250).
- Children enrolling in Primary 1 this year - Eligible parents can claim the Best Start Grant - School Age Payment from June 2021 (single payment of £250).
- Children deferring starting Primary 1 this year - Parents can claim Best Start Grant – School Age Payment from June 2021 until Feb 2022 (single payment of £250).
- Children in all of the above categories – Eligible parents may also apply for the Scottish Child Payment of £10 per week per child for those under 6 years of age (this begins on 15th February 2021).
- Children starting school who are eligible for School Clothing Grant will also be eligible for Best Start Grant – School Age Payment and possibly Scottish Child Payment
To apply go to https://www.mygov.scot/scottish-child-payment/ and or https://www.mygov.scot/benefits/best-start/
For Help and support to check eligibility or to apply, please contact us at Argyll & Bute CAB 01546 605550