EU Citizens Support Service

EU Citizens Support Service

EU Citizens: Applying for Settled and Pre-Settled Status

No English? Read the official guide in 27 EU languages

All EU* citizens, their children, spouses and partners must have settled status if they wish to continue to live, work or study in the UK.

This is called the EU Settlement Scheme

It is really important to apply to the Scheme. Citizens Advice can help you do this.

  • Applying can be simple and straightforward
  • It is free

EU Citizens Support Service

If you think you'll need extra support to apply for settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, you can contact our free, confidential and impartial EU Citizens Support Service. You might need more help if you:

  • have difficulty accessing a mobile phone
  • have limited access to the internet
  • find it difficult to get the evidence you need to apply
  • are at greater risk due to personal circumstances
  • have specific immigration or residency issues.

To get help call Argyll & Bute Citizens Advice:
Telephone Lochgilphead 01546 605550 or Helensburgh 01436 6791111

You can also call the EU Citizens Support Service helpline on 0800 916 9847. It's open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Get online help from Citizens Advice Scotland
Get online help from UK Government

Apply Now (UK Government Service)


*Including all EU countries, EEA countries (Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) and Switzerland.